Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fascinate me!

The Royal Wedding was exquisite. I couldn't have imagined it being better. From the dress, to the flowers, the church and the groom- the whole thing was a incredible. I can't imagine what Kate Middleton was thinking as she walked down the isle! She looked so composed, calm and confident. From now on, I continually ask myself, "What would Kate do?" She's an inspiration, a woman that epitomizes class and elegance. The best part of the entire wedding? When Harry nudged his brother as Kate was nearing the altar, and whispered "Wait till you see her."

In my opinion, the only slight disappointment was the guests. I honestly liked very few out of the entire guest list. Although the fascinators and the hat selection was mediocre, I couldn't help but immediately sign onto the Philip Treacy website, and ogle over the stunningly beautiful hats. I honestly couldn't understand why Princess Beatrice and Eugenie looked so silly, and picked such awful fascinators, when they could have chosen ones like this...?!
the color of this one is sublime. the shape, and the mixture of feathers and the huge corsage flower. so beautiful!
this one is stunning. the fuchsia pink is gorgeous! why didn't we see more colors like this?
wow. this merlot wine color is beautiful. and the feathers and flower are indescribable! I love the tilt that this hat is positioned.
so gorgeous. the champagne color is lovely, and the tilt (alike the one above) is something I wish I saw more of the guests rock. the mixture of the huge bow and flower is amazingly beautiful!
this would have looked amazing on Eugenie... I love the colors and the black veil that is subtly, yet obviously incorporated. would look amazing on soft, mermaid-esque waves!
so unique, yet I love it!
lol, okay... so not suitable for the Royal Wedding, but so stylish... I couldn't resist! as Frank Sinatra said “Cock your hat - angles are attitudes.

Anyways, here are some of the guests that I thought looked quite stunning.
here is Marie Chantal of Greece. I think she looks beautiful. The pale blue on her complexion and blonde hair looks quite lovely, and that fascinator is amazing. Although it's risky (the height), it still looks beautiful. Definitely one of the best dressed!

Here we have Miriam González Durántez. Her outfit was quite unusual, but it was one that I was oddly attracted to. I liked her shoes, and the lace dress with the crimson red fascinator really drew me in. Risky, but ravishing.
This is Sophie, Countess of Wessex. Her fascinator was one of my favourites. Isn't it quite lovely on her? And her outfit was gorgeous as well. Another of my best-dressed.
Zara Phillips was one that I was kind of on the fence about. I love the grey colors, and how she brought black into the outfit, without looking like she was attending a funeral (there is nothing I despise more than black at a wedding). I'm not 100% fussy on the fascinator, but it does look nice on her.
This is a Spanish princess. She looks amazing, no? I love the blush pink, and simple, yet stylish hat and veil. Not my favourite (too safe), but undoubtedly pretty.
Sophie Winkleman's fascinator was one of my favourites. The shape is what I love most about it. It's like a fried-egg! I really love it, and she's dressed perfectly. I prefer the light, pastel nudes of the other guests, but she looks pretty in this shade of navy.
Oh no...


I loved the Spencer sisters!
Anyways, I am so into the fascinator/hat trend for weddings!! Mine will definitely require hat wearing, they are so elegant!

No comments:

Post a Comment