Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Alexa Hampton Design


Spending time in Indigo Books is something that truly brings me joy, the atmosphere, the people, the music... the Starbucks! Everything about it just makes me happy, and ridiculously calm. So one afternoon when I was relishing in literature and and a latte, I came across the fabulous book of Alexa Hampton, interior designer extraordinare. Based in the electric New York City, Alexa took over her late father’s design firm, and has created some of the most beautiful interiors I have ever seen.

I adore the robin's egg blue walls, and the cream crown moulding is beyond beautiful. I love everything; the fuchsia orchids, the eclectic miss-match tables, the overall cozy aura of the entire room is so welcoming.

WOW! That couch is exquisite. I adore the yellow/black combination of the coffee table, and the matching color inspirations for the pillows. I love the unique 'painting' of the ancient stone frieze - a touch of the antique. Muah.

Good Lord. This is heaven. I LOVE! The wallpaper, the rose upholstery, the gold gilded mirror, the crystal chandelier, the pillows,... the flowers! I could go on and on. This is what a dining room looks like.

An idyllic family room. This is the epitome of comfortable beauty. The bookshelves are my favorite part. The couches look like soft clouds, and the assortment of antique-looking sculptures are so lovely and personal.

!!! If you know me, you know that I have an infatuation with curvy staircases... well, any staircases for that matter! I think it had to do with the scene of the princess calmly walking down the windy staircase, bejewelled train in tow, looking down at her prince who couldn't glance any other way but at her. It's a girl thing.

This home is very summer in the Hampton's. Like a scene in Something's Gotta Give, my favorite flick! Love everything. The color scheme is fresh and inviting. And the lovely greenery is like a botanical heaven.

This is such a girly princess kitchen! I love the oversized lanterns across the island, and the mixed woods that are used are such a fabulous contrast to the all-white cabinetry! I adore the small square windows above the upper sets of cabinets.

Wow, this is stunning. I adore 4-poster beds, and this one is so gorgeous in the dark wood, and the light colors compliment it perfectly! Amazing.



Check out more here

No comments:

Post a Comment